Caring for your Sambalpuri handloom sarees is essential to ensure their longevity and to maintain their beauty. Here are some tips for caring for your sarees:
- Hand wash your sarees separately in cold water using a mild detergent.
- Do not soak your sarees for more than 10-15 minutes.
- Do not scrub the sarees vigorously or wring them out harshly.
- Rinse the sarees thoroughly in cold water to remove all soap residue.
- Hang the sarees to dry in the shade.
- Iron your sarees on a low heat setting with a protective cloth over the saree.
- Iron the saree on the reverse side to avoid damaging the embroidery or designs.
- Store your sarees in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Wrap your sarees in a soft cotton cloth to prevent dust and moisture buildup.
- Avoid hanging your sarees for long periods of time to prevent stretching or damage to the fabric.
Following these care instructions will help your Sambalpuri handloom sarees retain their beauty and last for years to come.